Wednesday, November 23, 2011

2011: blink and you'll miss it

It has probably been one of the quickest years to have flown past.

I'm sure for most it's been a standard year but for me, it's been crazy. Besides all the earthquakes we've been experiencing here in Christchurch, New Zealand has successfully won the Rugby World Cup (about bloody time!), and I've finished my main tertiary education.

2012 is all about making something of myself in the construction industry. As a result of the earthquakes, I'm fortunate enough to have chosen a career path that has not been wiped out. In fact, it's a lot more in demand than it ever was. Well, here in Christchurch anyway.

They say civil engineers and quantity surveyors are the only careers in the world that cannot become extinct.


I chose well, didn't I?

Hopefully we will see insurance companies lighten up and we'll be able to move forward with our city.

We have an amazing opportunity to create a new city, to pave the way forward for New Zealand when it comes to architecture and how city's operate; and to really bring in the community.

I can't wait to see what's in store for Christchurch in the next ten to twenty years. And I'm proud to be a part of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment